Sunday 6 March 2016

As You Stand By The Window

As You Stand By The Window

I see you today by the window
Leaning out
Hands folded on the sill
Cold, bare
Shoulder tickled by hair
Fluttering
As you stare through the street
Eyes stern
Lost, unyielding like stone
Lips pursed
Your hand then moves to the brow
Stays, supports
As you lean your head
Eyes shut
As you take a deep breath
Let loose
A stray strand of hair over your face
Eyes open
A hand then brushes aside the hair
And tucks
Behind the ear as you feel it
Soft, again
Hand then rests on the sill
Quiet
As you stare through the street
Alone, aloof
A quick sigh, you look now at the cafe
Spotted, caught
Staring as I am at your little act
Staggering
I fumble, startled by your eyes
That poise
Hands on the sill with intent
Neck craned
Watching my every move
I blush
Not red or pink, but warm
Coffee spilt
Runs down the table to my shoe
Soaked through
Pages of my diary where I write
About you
Smudged ink, blurred words
Keen look
On your face as you watch me
Clean up
You vanish then, inside the room
As I catch
The faint curl of your lips - smile
It glows
Within me as you make another day
Complete

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

Love Stories @ Parched For Rain

Boarding The Bus || Collapse 

No comments:

Post a Comment