Tuesday 8 March 2016

The Pleasures Of Letting Go

The Pleasures Of Letting Go

The muscles strain
At each surge
A muffled groan
Reflects each urge
To reach the top
Of this precipice
Tall that stands
Without malice
Beckons the brave
And dauntless head
Over those who lay
Dead in its stead

Yet when my fingers
Sweaty and cold
Clean of its chalk
Slip their hold
And I dangle
Struggle in panic
I wish the calm
Of last night’s tonic
Then His name
I take in vain
For every foothold
That I gain

How I wish
I could let go
Feel nothing
But a sunny glow
And then let magic
Play its part
Unfurl my wings
For a new start
And succumb again
To that avian urge
Play with the world
Ebb and surge

The wish innate
To leave behind
Lives that plague
And hurt and bind
Take the path
Of cobbled stone
Over the dusty
Murky forest drone
I let go of I
And all I cling to
Soar my wings and fly
A new life to live up to

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment