Tuesday 22 December 2015

Binder

Binder

Why do you clutch so tight
That bunch of yellowed pages?
Your fingers strained to hold
The pages stained with your ink
Yet today as you passed by me
And like countless times before
A sheet lets itself loose
Drifts to rest by my feet

This one too like the ones before

Half-written, half-forgotten
A shiny piece of half-baked porcelain
That reflects no image in itself
And crumples in my hands
Your love that once existed
Half-done, now undone  
And yet you cling on?

I beg you let loose for once

Those yellow pages in the wind
And see what image they form
As they drift and dance and sway
And come to rest always by my feet
And let blood flow once again 
To those white fingers cold
Again they may master the ink

Collect the pages

Collect your self
And the love let loose inside
Connect those verses
Connect the dots
That will bring you to my side

And then together, for once

I hope that we may bind
These pages at their rightful place
Memoirs that they are
Markers of the paths we once took
And never shall take again


-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment