Saturday 23 July 2016

Kerb

Kerb

Left, right , left; turn
Right, left, right; turn
Headlights; can see a car comin by
My thumb does the talking n then I try
“Maam ….. I mean Sir …..
Just for a moment I thought you were …..
[Crap... you look a bit like my spouse!!!]
Could you drop me to my house?
Promise it’s not too far
Can I hop into your car?”
Once inside, I closed the door
Remembered something on heels and a dance floor
He asked me left or right
Does he share my commie fright?
I showed him random hands He was looking at his petrol band
I think we were moving in circles
I saw twice myself kissing the girls
I saw it at the same lamp post
I saw it from the home of the old host
When you hear the click of heels
On a lonely night one feels
Is it a virtue to stand straight?
Yelled at the gate
After the car screeched
Is it sanity that I breached?
A bewildered driver looked on
“Don’t sit by my side son
You are a driver, as good as one may be
Drive on, cant you see
It aint my house, the guy just copied the door”
Oh those legs on the dance floor!
Bang … my driver punched me, bloody scoundrel
And I landed on slush of a mongrel
My driver drove off my car
Left me stranded on that stretch of tar
I would fire that rascal once I get home ….
Oh … where was my home ?

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

Other Late Night Escapades @ Parched For Rain:

A Walk On A Still Night || Summer Night || Tonight || The Night Sheep's Wool

No comments:

Post a Comment