Sunday 6 March 2016

The Eternal Wanderer - Homecoming

The Eternal Wanderer - Homecoming

I'm lost, I realize as I wake
Up from my slumber of countless
Ages since I begun on this broken
Path that brought me to this cold
River I couldn't cross

I wash my eyes and fast I make
Up my bed lest my body restless
Rebel against the might of a broken
Mind which once from knowledge old
Was forged so strong

The vast waters now stay a lake
Placid as I see it guileless
It beckons to dive over a broken
Plank that for once will hold
My life in balance

Shun the plank and up I make 
My way in quest for the endless
View, across the land from a broken
Perch I scan around with a bold
Stance that says I can

My path I see never saw a rake
Gobbled up by leaves countless
From fall through ages and broken
Patches of grass, moss and mold
Forgotten by spring

But on the other side I make
Out through the woods a flawless
Path resolute that has broken
Through the forest's fatherly fold
To a distant town

The waft carries the town's bake
Aroma that makes one careless
Through the dark, only broken
By the stream of the lit gold
Crowning my torch

But at the gate a cloudy dark snake
Bares its fangs, aims, noiseless
For my breath which will be broken
As my neck clasped by his hold
This I foresee

Yet I today start from the lake
For I know a river, its kindness
Ever flowing steady, only broken
By my cabin quay, strong and old
It waits for me

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

Verses From The Road @ Parched For Rain

At Crossroads || After The Prophet || Escape || Little Stream Of Jibhi || Paths Of Men || Roadsong Lullaby 

No comments:

Post a Comment