Saturday 5 March 2016

Soliloquy - Facing Fears

Facing Fears

What scares you old friend?
That you dare not look me in the eye
As you answer the questions that pry
Open the can of worms you hold
Inside your unmanly chest so cold
You may only in me confide
Your time is not yours to bide
So lift up your chin … there …
And speak the load you bear

What scares you old friend?
That your thoughts may not contain
Your silly sins that make you abstain
The beauty of life and love
Sacred as the white dove
You’ve buried yourself deep
Yet every day you dig and weep
Plant a new seed, grow a tree
Absolve of nothing to be free

What scares you old friend?
Is it your incoherence, strangely benign
Or a luminous torch you can’t shine
As darkness blocks your path
To the river of the sacred bath
Where you dream to wash away
Your past and rise to a new day
I remind you, the river runs dry
Face me, it’s not a time to cry

I know what scares you old friend
Look at me as I look at you
Blessed you are in a blissful few
To have a friend who knows what runs
Through your blood and scalded burns
Of you, I am but the whole part
What lies unseen but can’t drift apart
Yes, you may again in me confide
Together we create time and turn the tide

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

Other Soliloquys @ Parched For Rain

On Circles || Dream, Travel, Disconnect, Soar

No comments:

Post a Comment