Tuesday 8 March 2016

Tonight

Tonight

Its now a new body clock of mine
A happy early morning hour at two
The mind doesn't care, the body does its bit
After all self sustenance is a thing 
Isn't it?

I sit up in bed and look at you
Tucked up foetal with knees at your breasts
Facing me, but not really me of us
A me of a distant, different, hostile world
An enemy

Its my usual sight, a fixation
My cue to do my bit for my body
I look at your face and the messy hair
I remember those nights, messy nights
Here, once

And I dream, of you and many others
Who I've held in my eyes
And done things to in my thoughts
And you again, the only one, once
Hungry, mine

My motions are steady, practised
Soundless, smooth, yet a groan escapes
I should move away, but cant care less
For a daily routine of betrayals
I come

I clean up, my own mess and ours
I need a glass of water, as always
A fresh tissue for the brow too
I'll drift as I let my breath
Calm down

I look at you again, stoic
You've barely moved, facing me
Our betrayals will help us through
Your magic wands and my hands
Love forever

I smile as I drift back to sleep by three
An empty mind, a happy body
An undisturbed pattern for long now
And to say again tomorrow, "I love you"
I'm ready

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

Other Late Night Escapades @ Parched For Rain:

Kerb || A Walk On A Still Night || Summer Night || The Night Sheep's Wool

No comments:

Post a Comment