Sunday 6 March 2016

Brett Jake Barnes

Brett Jake Barnes

I have to possess you
Take you in my whole
Life that runs through us
Unified, a singular soul

I sense I can see you
Little that you bare
And it draws me near
A crazy march hare

I should caress you
Feel the lines of your face
Ear through to the jaw
In my mind I draw a trace

I ought to hold you
In my arms for ages
To warmth of the fire
That within me rages

But I cannot love you
Hold you, possess you
Cannot draw you close
Nor your face to mine
Cannot feel my breath
Against your shoulders
Cannot probe your lips
Nor taste that extacy

For I've this wall
We built around me
My bricks, your mortar
Our mutual design
The cold chamber where
You say I'll forever be
My control, your resolve
Our mutual design

I may never possess you
This wall will retain
Life that runs through us
Within it I'll contain

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain
Blog Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment