Saturday 5 March 2016

Jeanie

Jeanie

The meetings that begin at nine

Ebb and flow like a cosine
Or Mondays when they are a sine

I'd love a tan once

If the office were by the beach
Or even a cot would help
If it were within my reach

But my office is truly a zoo

Golden compass nearly true
For a polar bear leads the crew

He's huge and wide and white

Portly but not so bright
Though he says he's always right
And flirts the cat in all his might

The puss wears Gucci boots

Mews her daily slangy toots
And struts past those canine coots

These canines are a happy bunch

Descendants of a lineage loyal
Yet to see them paw the rats
One thinks they might be royal

The rats are my real test

Scrawny filthy at their best
Pray rid me of this nasty pest

Then there's that tower bloke

Spotted haughty and horny
I wish I could strangle his neck
This giraffe's talk is corny 

Who am I do u ask, well

I'm trapped behind a mask
I smile; their wish is my command
I run like a Jeanie from a flask

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain
Blog Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment