Saturday 5 March 2016

Seven Paper Boats

Seven Paper Boats

Seven paper boats
I’ve cast afloat
I see them drifting down
The channel overflown
From last night’s rain

It’s a steady drizzle
That quietly pelts
Making circles of ripples
In the channel and me
The boats see a storm

How slowly do they sink
Under the rain drops
That pile their weight
On those fragile mock-ups
I can’t look away

The last one to sink
Lived out its luck
And saw me grow fond
By a margin over the rest
Her sisters no more

But as this, the closest
I won’t even rescue
I feel overcome by
A strange emptiness
As I see it sink away

I look myself over
In my true mirror
What made me unhold
My creation’s death today?
I can’t answer

I look myself over
Again, but now
I’m the old sunk boat
Is this what must have passed
Through His mind yesterday?

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

Other Instances of Divine Intervention @ Parched For Rain

The Scale Of Things || Inadequate || Oh Father

1 comment: