Saturday 2 December 2017

Train Through A Tunnel

Train Through A Tunnel

Laid back, I sit by the open window
Resting my elbow on the frame
As the train rushes along, the fields
And rivers and trees, none ever the same

The subtleties of indifferent change
Brought of a steady foreign influencing
I sit through and watch it unfold
Over drifting pungent wafts of seasoning

The world, in essence, passes by
And is faster still the passing of day
The sun, exhausted on its own
Pulls out to its pale red parking bay

It's dark all of a sudden, a rushing dark
Not the sun, it still has a while to go
It's an ominous dark, a tunnel of smoke
For the light I then hold, inching slow

The subtleties of change, not indifferent
The now inward self influencing
I can no longer sit and watch unfold
Over the pungent wafts of self burning

The smoke thickens as old people join
The clouds left behind, for me to grow
The more the merrier, or contrary
For the light I then hold, inching slow

It's light, and sudden stops the smoke
The sun out west efforts on in my frame
As the train rushes along, the fields
And river and trees, none ever the same

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment