Saturday 26 December 2015

Fury

Fury

The wind sees her first

As she steps off the car
And senses her turmoil
Convected through a scar

It lets out a howl
Punches me square
A smash on the ribs
I cry out despair
A shove from behind
I kneel and bare

A mockery of my wit
The wind draws away
I rise as tears run
And gingerly sway
I clear my eyes
Her thoughts at bay

Her feet touch the water
As waves recoil in shock
In currents of her turmoil
The sea begins to rock

I see the surf rise
A water wall ahead
And descend its might
Down upon my head
Toss me on the rocks
Tear off me a shred

I flay my arms
Fight the tide
A quest for air
Pain in my side
Find my feet again
My life I abide

She's as calm as ever
An island far away
The sea at her feet
Lightly her hair sway

I battle my demons
The tide and the wind
As far away I can be
Her fury has me pinned

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain 

Some Poems By The Beach @ Parched For Rain

Wish You Were Here || Waves Are Angry || Chasing Seagulls

No comments:

Post a Comment