Wednesday 30 December 2015

Writing Project #2 - Earrings

Earrings

Sitting across from you
A world far away
I gaze in to your eyes
Then let mine stray
Down a soft bridge to
Your lips that say
Sweet nothings, I kiss
On a dreamy day
Then up your sharp jaw
I am guided a way
Where I hold your face
And silently pray
But pesky, cute earrings
Bar my way

With the soft lobes
I begin to play
The studs I fool around
And pinch away
To rhythms set by your
Dangles yesterday
To loops that were inspired
By those that day
You wore when I lost
My heart’s way
But tonight I lust for
Your lobes to play
Without pesky earrings
To bar my way


-x-x-x-


This is the second installment of the writing project with Nishita. The topic this time was: Earrings

Check out Nishita's post where she talks about a sense of nostalgia attached to a set of earrings.

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain


Other Poems from the Writing Project @ Parched For Rain:

Pencils || Gap || Reluctance || Burn || Insecurity

No comments:

Post a Comment