Wednesday 30 December 2015

Writing Project #5 - Burn

Burn


I sit rocking
This chair, set
In the dark corner
Of my room
Illuminated once
On my whim
On the flick
Of my wrist

That lights a match
 
It sheds a sharp
Light that I let
Hurt my eyes
Till it reaches
Down, down
To my fingers
I can't let them
Hurt, so I blow

And all is dark

Why I sit here
Igniting, again
Thinking of you
And the paths
That I took
To lead my self
Away from you
And all promises
Of me, to me

It's clear now
I know the end
Collecting all
Memories, kisses
Nothing, everything
All in me now
An effigy at your
Pedestal, flicked,
Lit and burnt


-x-x-x-

The topic - Burn - of the fifth installment was inspired by the many lights that burn during Diwali. The topic did not see fruition till a long time though. What came out was in no way linked to the original inspiration.

Do read Nishita's post on the same topic.

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

Other Poems from the Writing Project @ Parched For Rain:

Pencils || Earrings || Gap || Reluctance || Insecurity

2 comments: